Skip to Content
chevron-left chevron-right chevron-up chevron-right chevron-left arrow-back star phone quote checkbox-checked search wrench info shield play connection mobile coin-dollar spoon-knife ticket pushpin location gift fire feed bubbles home heart calendar price-tag credit-card clock envelop facebook instagram twitter youtube pinterest yelp google reddit linkedin envelope bbb pinterest homeadvisor angies
wet damp floor

Many clients have asked me if their homeowner’s insurance would take care of fixing their leaking basement or foundation.  While insurance will generally cover issues directly related to an interior leak- from appliances, plumbing, interior water line, etc. – I have yet to find an insurer who will cover water entering through the below grade foundation wall from the outside.  I would imagine such coverage could be purchased as an add on, but not one of our clients has ever made mention of this to me.  If you find a company offering this type coverage as a standard part of their homeowner’s portfolio, please let me know.